Simternship

 Simternship

The Simternship was a simulation that put us in the shoes of a social media marketer for a brand called Buhi. Buhi sold bags of all sorts to individuals mostly interested in adventures and good-looking bags for work. I thought this simulation was a really good way to help us gain a better understanding of what it takes to become successful in this field. It was not easy as one has to understand the objectives and goals but also understand the target market and which platforms yield the best return on investment and such. Having to answer messages customers sent also gave us real work experience and taught us how to deal with positive and negative comments in a proper fashion.

    The thing that I enjoyed the most about this "game" is that there were tricks and ways to get more conversions. But you could only find this out through trial and error. Looking at past analytics to make better decisions in the future is what I thought really made this experience unique since it was not repetitive as one is trying to better his previous weeks' score. I also liked that they gave you a fixed budget. So when it came to paying influencers and paid ads or money spent on posts in general really gave it a professional feel and soon you saw where to put your money to maximize its potential. Remember you have to be willing to take risks sometimes to see progress. The one thing I would have preferred is if instead of breaking it up into phases to just have the last 3 weeks be increased to 6 weeks and that is it. I think this is better as it introduces you to all three ad components which is most like the real world and gives you more practice for the future.

    Overall this was a great project which I had lots of fun doing. I do believe I learned quite a bit about marketing with Social Media and I definitely feel more comfortable with it than if I never had done it. it is a great addition to the class as we can implement things we learned in each and apply them to the other. This is the first time I did something like this for a class and I hope more of my classes in the future have similar tools to help us learn more. 




Comments

  1. Like a lesson for life. More of education should be this way really. Looking forward to read your blog on any of your real work experiences in the future and how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you learned and had to combine brand, channels and "knowing your numbers" to understand reach, sales vs efficiency/budget. On a promising way to become a real marketer and not a "does it look good" markting guy ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Locking In

Stress

Consistency gets tiring