Stress

 Stress

Once again we are in a part of the year where classes get more difficult and the amount of work that needs to be done increases. Besides basketball picking up as we are approaching our first official game this Saturday against Kalamazoo College in Michigan. I have numerous tests and assessments in many of my classes to study for. Therefore this off-day tomorrow will be a huge part of my week. Hopefully, it takes some of the stress off me.

    Not going to lie, yes I have been under some stress lately which does not help when having to manage many things at once. But perhaps that is where it comes from. Either way, I need to make sure to utilize my off day and get some things done in an effort to free up the rest of my week. Having more time for the remainder of the week is huge as Saturday is scratched and the entire day will go to the game. This means that I only really get Sunday to do the things I need to do. Some of these are important for my future such as writing a cover letter for a possible internship opportunity next summer. Besides this, I also want to call some of my close friends and family to check in and catch up. Doing so often relieves me of stress and lightens my mood. Understanding what can help you during hardships is crucial when doing something challenging as it motivates you to keep going and eases some of the mental duress. It also has the potential to refresh you and give you a boost of energy. These could look very different, from a walk in the park to a videogame or a cup of coffee and maybe reading a book. The choices are limitless and up to the individual. Through try and error, one can find these uplifting actions and can better learn how to make the most out of every day.

    Managing your time correctly is something all students learn throughout their college journeys. Some earlier and some later than others. Although I have never had a real problem with managing time I do believe I have never actually maximized this. This is my challenge this year. Learning ways to not just manage time better but utilize it to my advantage.



Comments

  1. There's nothing better than getting a day of take a deep breath. The stress levels are continuing for everybody on campus. Weather the storm and continue to embrace the adversity in the final weeks of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this blog because stress is something everyone deals with. Funny enough a walk in the park and a video game is the top two things I do to relieve stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly agree. Time management takes the stress out of the day and makes you feel that you have accomplished so much more. This is a discipline worth while acquiring ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Locking In

Consistency gets tiring