BUSY BUSY BUSY

 BUSY BUSY BUSY !!!

Man oh man! Maybe it is because we are in like week 5 or it is because I am trying to do too many things all at once but it seems that the days are running away from me. Before I know it it is night-time and I am preparing my stuff for the next day. A strategy that will surely help is simply focusing on one thing at once and not constantly thinking about all the things you have to do, as this will drain your energy and motivation. Being grateful and changing your mindset from "I have to do x" to "I get to do x" is also a way for you to lighten the load if you are experiencing similar feelings. But now, let me take you through a typical day. 

    My Alarm rings around 7:30, I press snooze, so it rings again at 8:00 and I get my sleep deprived body up. I get ready for the day by getting dressed and eating some breakfast, then brush my teeth and relax until I head to my class at 9:00. From classes to lunch back to classes is how it goes every day until the imaginary 2:00 o'clock bell hits and I am done for the day. Now I make sure to eat again as I am getting ready for basketball workouts/practice. Doing this daily for like 3 hours gets your body very tired and you really have to find the motivation to do things like schoolwork lol. After the gym, I
usually shower and eat and once I finally settle down and have any time to do work or focus on self-improvement it is typically around 7 or so. Yes. A lot of you might ask:" But that gives you like 5 more hours to do everything." And yes, you are right. But one must consider that I would like to do so many different things. Besides getting good grades to stay on the Deans List and succeeding in basketball I would like to do some yoga and meditation at night before going to bed. I would also like to do some research in my respective field to further educate and separate myself from others. Getting certifications is just one small example. On top of that I want to learn about properties so I can one day help my parents with their business. I am sure you are starting to see a pattern. A lot to do and too little time. 


    While it is awesome that I have all these expectations for myself I must remember that sometimes it is helpful to take a step back and enjoy the process. Not to get caught up in it too much and get tired of it. Instead, be grateful and smart with your conscious time management. Even if that means holding back on some dreams until a later time in life when one has more time or is better prepared. The key to this is to take breaks or off days every once in a while as this will keep one from burning out. Even surrounding yourself with others who live the lifestyle you want to have.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Locking In

Stress

Consistency gets tiring