Staying Connected

 Staying Connected

Our first week of classes has come to an end and we are now starting our second week of this semester. My transition personally has been smooth, it is nice to be back on campus I must say. I am back in my routine and time is flying. Flying so fast that I just now ordered my textbooks, no worries though we got it handled. When one is locked in on his or her studies it is easy to get lost in the moment and forget about other vital things. One of these is staying connected to family and one's friends back home. I understand that it might be different for some of you in class as you live close by or even went to the same high school as other students here at "ONU." I have friends in the U.S. but also all over Europe and this sometimes makes it difficult to stay connected.

 The biggest challenge my family, my friends and I face is time difference. Not so much with people that I know in America but with my friends in places like Austria, Italy, Germany, the U.K. and others. A perfect example is me and my parents. Today we tried to call to talk about how we want to proceed with purchasing these textbooks, obviously trying to save money. I called, they were busy eating, they called, I was in class, I called, they were watching a movie, they called, I was working out, I called they were asleep. And this is not uncommon lol. The biggest positive is that when you only talk to people you care about every so often you see their value even more and when you come back and you get along like you were not just away for nine months on realize who his real lifelong friends really are.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Locking In

Stress

Consistency gets tiring